Catching up: Strasbourg to Triberg

 I have photos I've not posted!

So back up to Strasbourg. The lighting around the Christmas market at night was cool. And the town was well decorated.











 The morning we left Strasbourg, I was up early and walked to a bakery for croissants - real French ones, not like we have anywhere in the U.S. - and other pastries. 



 As Vicki mentioned in a previous post, we hit some castle ruins on our way to Triberg. Sometimes they are well marked, sometimes not. The first one was basically tucked back in the woods around a few homes and some farmland. Once you walk into the woods, however, you are alone with the ghosts from hundreds of years back. In this case, the ruins date back to 1300s. The fog added another layer to all of this.







 On to the next ruin. This one had a society formed in the fifties dedicated to the upkeep of the castle. 







At the top, these are what we might have seen, had we not been completely enveloped in fog.



 In addition, I got to play around with the flora.





 On the way into Triberg, we found the first of many clock shops. I am intrigued by the cuckoo clocks, which come in all kinds of sizes, designs, and cost. I'd love one, but they are expensive - and Vicki wants nothing else that must be dusted.


 

This was my favorite. Not the traditional style, and you could see the inner workings. 699 euros, I believe. 


Finally, this was at the restaurant where we dined in Triberg:


 

 

Comments

  1. Lin - Absolutely great shots!!! You have an eye for good photo shots, Dan. I like that click showing the innards too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave your name with your comment!

Popular posts from this blog

A month abroad

Praha - day 1

Passau