Krems and Dürnstein
We sailed a bit during the day, which I really enjoyed. We docked at Krems and took a herd bus to Dürnstein. Dan and I once again blew off the guided tour and climbed from the village to see where Richard I, the Lionheart was kept prisoner by Leopold, who was pissed that Richard had taken down an Austrian flag somewhere at some point. Here is what it looks like when the sky is clear (taken from Wikipedia):
And here is what it looked like today:
See any difference?
We climbed straight up - about 400 feet of elevation gain in what I would guess was 1/2 mile. And once we got up there, the scenery was unbelievable.
Here is Dan (the red speck), climbing up to the top of the castle:
That's it for my report today. Tonight, we sail to Vienna.
And from Dan:
Here is the view out our window, cruising along at a whopping speed of 18 kilometers an hour (about 14 mph). Very relaxing.
This is the Blue Tower in Dürnstein. It is a tower in the Abbey church.
Yes, we hiked up today. More shots:
And a bell tower on the way down
And here is Vicki near the top




Comments
Post a Comment
Please leave your name with your comment!