Some funny (!) things…
We may have forgotten to mention a few funny things and maybe want to remind you of some. :)
~ On the flight from Heathrow to Prague, Dan was in the middle seat and there was a young Czech woman in the aisle seat who was terrified of flying. She asked Dan if she could hold onto him if she got scared, and she did. She kept apologizing to me, but I was like 🤷♀️. On the landing, he held both of our hands (he and I always hold hands on takeoff and landing).
~ In Reykjavik, when we were leaving the car garage, Cody pushed a button that he thought would open the door. However, it turns out that it was to start an alarm. There was no attendant to notify, so we tried to look like nothing was happening as we left the building. Dan and I decided that we would absolutely throw Cody under the bus if questioned.
~ In the National Museum, there was a bridal bench from the 17th century.
The couple getting married sits there during the ceremony. On the bench, the following words are carved: Guð miskunna pú mér… (God have mercy upon me…)
~ We have a lot of black bears around us in North Carolina. They get pretty big… not grizzly big but big. Here are their man parts.
~ Speaking of penises…
![]() |
| This T-shirt was not an approved purchase. |
![]() |
| A restaurant near the Penis Museum |
~ Speaking of penises, part deux, this popped up on IG this morning.
~INCYMI, Cody eating fermented shark
~ The night before we left Iceland, Dan and I received emails that because the type of plane going to Boston had been changed, we were being bumped to economy from business class (which we had splurged because this was our birthdays/anniversary big blowout). Cody, who had booked economy but had a chance to bid in a business seat, kept his. Not ha ha funny to us but weird funny.
~ Cody said that I should write about my tickets not working in the Paris metro, but I’m still traumatized. If you’ve not read about it and want to feel my pain, it’s at http://ramblinmurrells.blogspot.com/2025/12/last-day-in-paris.html.
~ Dan and Cody got several interesting reactions when they ordered local schnapps, which is normally not sweet like schnapps in the States but more like l’eau de vie or moonshine:
“Really?”
“Are you sure?”
“Okay…”
“Why?”
(They did all smell like they tasted like shit - and no, I didn’t taste most of them - except for the peppermint schnapps that was a deep green and more like
Creme de menthe.)
~ New Year’s Eve is a BFD in Iceland. The fireworks actually started on 12/29, but on 12/31, they were crazy. They were *everywhere* and constant, starting at dark. In our neighborhood, they went all night and into the morning. Dan somehow slept through it. And I mean these were not the weeny fireworks that go “pew pew pew.”
These were serious, in-the-sky fireworks all over, including over the house we were staying in, which is in a small town outside Reykjavik. There were sounds like cannons. There were fireworks like automatic weapons. They finally slowed down around 1:30 AM. Happy New Year. 🥱
~ We are going to out gate to board, having gone through a surprise passport control (why don’t they just do that at security?) when we get to the gate and Cody realizes that his flight was changed to a direct flight from KEF to Detroit rather than via Boston, which was his original flight. Thank goodness his flight left just a few minutes before the flight to Boston! So we said quick goodbyes and went our separate ways.
~ My buttons kept falling off of my crossbody bag. It seemed like they would just jump off of their own accord. Cody made comments about it a few times and then just started saying, “ I’m not saying anything.” We only got positive comments from people, and I was happy to spread the word that there are Americans who are not supporters of the orange toddler turd. I consider a couple of lost one donated (at least I hope that someone picked them up and will use them), and I will be ordering more if anyone wants to put in their order.
And I think that’s all for me, folks! Thanks for traveling with us. :)





Lin - yes - that is a string YES for at least a half dozen of your buttons!! Various ones are ok or just one - I did not vote for the bastardized - is fine too!
ReplyDelete